Parish News for October 20
Oct 20, 2018
1. The pumpkin patch will be open Sat from 10-6, and Sunday from 8-6. Why are we doing this? The pumpkin patch helps raise fund to take care of projects around the parish - we are hoping to raise funds needed to bring our WiFi network to the church, repair broken lighting and plumbing fixtures, and other beautification projects. Buying a pumpkin which may only be around for a few months supports small capital projects that will last decades.
Want to buy a pumpkin outside of the patch hours - bring your donation to the parish office at 21 academy hill or come back when we are open!
2. The bulletin is growing! Our weekly print bulletin will be growing to an 8 page publication starting this week! This is made possible by so many local business that advertise in our bulletin and level of activity by our parish and regional Catholic communities. Give it a read. It is also available for viewing on the parish app. Ministry leaders are encouraged to submit announcements about their ministry - remember to have them emailed to Nora Myers, our parish secretary, by 9am Monday mornings for the following weekend’s publication
3. Celebrate the harvest by grabbing a free donut or cup of hot apple cider at the patch after Sunday’s Morning Masses.
4. This Sunday’s second collection will be taken for World Mission Sunday
5. Soup Kitchen - The next time our parish is scheduled to supply and serve the noon meal is Saturday, Oct. 27. If you can supply a 2 lb. cooked meat loaf, cans of vegetables, or would like to help serve, please sign up on the sheet located at the parking lot side entrance.
6 Faith Formation Parent Meeting for FHC - On Monday, October 29 at 6:30 PM, in the Faith Formation Center, there will be a Parent Meeting for all whose children will receive the sacrament of First Holy Communion in the Spring of 2019. This is an important informational meeting, so a parent or representative must be present.
7. Life Teen is this Sunday - This Sunday the big Life Teen question is: God or Unicorn? Dinner is at 6:15 PM in Fr. Filip Hall at St. John Church. All teens are welcome.
8. Crossroads 4 Christ - Greater Waterbury Chapter, our Catholic Young Adult Community meets each Monday 6:30 to 7:30 PM here at our Faith Formation Center. Come meet other 18-32 year olds, grow your relationship with Christ, and get to know one another better.
9. Holy Hour is Monday from 7-8 pm in the church.
10. See the lnk about the the Awareness Walk with SVDP on Oct 28th. Last year, St John had the largest team to participate, and many of our runners earned medals.