We are most grateful for all the volunteers, sponsors, donors, and participants that made last night’s October Festival possible. We were faced with many challenges yesterday, including strong wind gusts and unexpected vendor cancelations. Once again our events team ministry and parish staff pulled together to overcome the challenges. It was a great evening for fellowship and funds were raised to support the operation of our parish and make improvements.
Parish News for October 13
Visit our Church Facebook Page, to view photo Albums from all this week’s happenings: Respect Life Sunday, Lifeteen Mass, Pumpkin Delivery, and the October Festival https://www.facebook.com/pg/stjohnwatertown/photos/?ref=page_internal
1. The pumpkin patch has once again beautified our front edifice. There are huge mums, cornstalks, and of course pumpkins. Consider buying your Fall items to support the parish. We will open today once the rain subsidies and all day tomorrow. Hours will continue on Thursday and Friday 1-6pm. If you are eager to get your pumpkins when no volunteer is posted, we are using the honors system - bring a donation to the parish office or to the tent when it is open.
2. Saint John’s Men’s Group will meet on Tuesday October 16 at 7:30pm in the Church Hall. Guest Dan Matthews will lead a discussion on defending the faith.
3. Crossroads 4 Christ, young adults, will meet Monday at 6:30pm. Adoration in the church will be held from 7-8pm
4. “Change Our Hearts” our morning prayer group meets each Wed morning at 10am, in the Faith Formation Center.
5. Our Pro Life Group thanks those that supported Sunday’s breakfast - they raised $380 in donations for pro life activities. Their next meeting is Weds, Oct 17th - 7pm, in the Faith Formation Center.
October Festival Sponsors and Donors
Thomaston Savings Bank
D’Amico and Pettinicchi
MJ Fahy & Sons
Health Complex Medical
Hickcox Funeral Home
Mr. John O’Neil
St John Council of Catholic Women
Johnny’s Kitchen Dining Services
KPH Fire Sprinkler
All Hair Waves
The Partin Family
The Kinsella Family
In Memory of Sr. Lorraine Bernier
In Memory of John Turonis
In Memory of Albert Gauthier
In Memory of Jeanine Marcil
Corky’s Catering & Event Planning
Dayton Construction Co
Tom and Janine Pettinicchi
Tom and Elaine Cieslewski
St John Parish Council
Students and Volunteers from St John School, St John Faith Formation, Sacred Heart High School & Holy Cross High School