- Faith Formation News -
* 7pm Mass for Ash Wednesday
Simple Suppers at 6pm in March followed by Stations at 7pm Looking for Cross bearer & Candle carriers
- Feb. 28 Stations of the Cross=Cross bearer & candle carriers
- March 6, 13, 20,27= 6:30 report to help carry cross or candle
- April 3 we are looking for students to help serve simple suppers, carry the cross and 2 people to carry the candle= time is 5:30 for helping with simple supper, and only helping for stations arrival is 6:30pm.
8th Grade retreat
Saturday, March 14 at 9am-11:30am in the Church Hall
Confirmation parent meeting
Sunday, March 15 at 12:15pm-1:30pm in the Church Hall.
3rd Grade retreat
Saturday, April 3 at 9am-11:30am in the Church Hall
Living Stations of the Cross Rehearsals Schedule:
Sunday, March 29 at 12:30pm-2:30pm
Tuesday, March 31 at 5:30pm-7pm
Tuesday, April 7 at 5:30pm-7pm
Friday, April 10 Performance– Dress Rehearsal is 4:30pm-6pm. Pizza Dinner and then Presentation of Living Stations of the Cross begins at 7:30pm in the church.
First Eucharist Dates:
- First Communion Retreat: April 4th at 9 AM-11:30 AM, Church Hall
- First Communion Rehearsal: April 23 at 5:30 PM-6:30 PM (Children only)
- First Communion Rehearsal: April 24 at 6 PM-7:30 PM in the church (Parent and Child attend)
- First Communion: April 25 at 10am in the church
- MAY CROWNING April 26 at 9 AM Mass
If there are no after school programs due to the weather, there are no faith formation classes. If school is cancelled, faith formation is cancelled as well.
Notification will be through email, TV and the Faith Formation main phone line 860-274-4123.
Read your Faith Formation newsletters & emails for details and changes.
Faith Formation Office Hours:
Monday &Tuesday 1pm-7pm;
Wednesday & Thursday 11am-5pm.
Office is closed on Friday. Saturday is by appointments only.
Classes are on Sunday: 9:45am-11am and Monday and Tuesday: 5:30-pm-6:45pm
We are still seeking volunteer Catechists for Children’s Liturgy during Sunday Masses at 9am and 11am.
According to the National Directory of Catechesis, “Parents are the most influential agents of catechesis for their children. They have a unique responsibility for the education of their children; they are the first educators, or catechists”. The aim of St. John the Evangelist Faith Formation program is to uphold the Church’s promise “to help parents foster their child’s faith.” (National Directory of Catechesis)
Director of Faith Formation:
E-Mail: [email protected]